This is My Balkan – Culinary Tours and Cool Souvenirs for Promotion of Intercultural Learning and Dialogue
This is My Balkan
The project enhances interculturalism within the framework of youth social entrepreneurship, using culture and tradition for active participation of youth (especially youth with fewer opportunities). This is so that they can develop their employable skills by travelling and learning while raising awareness on intercultural dialogue. The project is implemented by ARNO in partnership with the organization BH Crafts from Bosnia and Herzegovina. “This is My Balkan” engages young students from culinary and art schools from Skopje and Sarajevo who will:
- Visit historic/cultural sites of both cities
- Map food corners in both cities that tell intercultural stories
- Participate in culinary competition (culinary students)
- Attend two workshops on Social Entrepreneurship
- Participate in the Souvenir Design Competition
- Create a unique Gastro Tour for tourists
By merging social entrepreneurship and intercultural learning, the project shows that the needs of young people are the same in today’s fragile economy and constant negative media narratives.
This initiative was implemented under the “Coolinary Program”.
Highlights: Due to COVID-19, the travel restriction and challenged mobility in the region, the project is under revision of its activities.