Ongoing call for participation for the Balkan Green Academy 2020/2021, apply until 31st of August
The Balkan Green Foundation as part of the Regional Program Balkan Green Ideas is organizing the first Balkan Green Academy 2020/2021. The Academy consists of modules that cover three main pillars: policy, economy and society, will facilitate discussion on actual issues related to green sustainable development in the of Western Balkan region.
The Academy will use cross-sectoral and transdisciplinary approach, encouraging in-depth knowledge building and in the same time will combine modules that will explore the policy perspective, economical business approach and societal impact.
Main aims of the Academy are:
- To promote principles and values of sustainable and green policy related to economic, social and political development of the Western Balkan societies (with special focus on 2030 Agenda and Green Agenda for the Western Balkan)
- To create network between grass roots green activists, CSOs working on green sustainable initiatives and rural and urban green entrepreneurs.
- To prepare local and regional actors to identify potentials within their communities for creating green and sustainable initiatives and businesses.
Balkan Green Academy is divided in few sub-sections (mandatory for all participants):
- Online Training Module Course: 26-30 October 2020,
- Mentorship sessions for all attendees: November 2020 – February 2021
- Preparation hours for Balkan Green Ideas National Competitions: February-April 2021
The Academy offers:
- Opportunity for 28 participants at the Academy 2020/2021, mainly for young woman and man from rural and urban environment in Western Balkan and Greece, and who already have or have the intention to establish green small and sustainable businesses.
- Online training focused on politics, economy and general, conducted by certified European trainers
- Interactive sessions with guests and experts in Design Thinking, Business Canvas and Green Society Partnership;
- Mentorship sessions and Preparation hours for Balkan Green Ideas Competition in 2021 with a dedicated mentor from the region and Europe;
- Membership at Green Academy Alumni Club as part of the Regional Green Network consisting of green entrepreneurs, intermediary organizations, grassroots CSOs, informal groups and individuals, as well as other experts and relevant actors from WB6.
Balkan Green Academy 2020/2021 is open to participants (primarily young women and men from rural and urban areas who own or intent to establish green small and sustainable businesses), from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. Seats are limited to ONLY four (4) participants per country. Participation in all three sub-sections is mandatory for all participants.
Working Language is English. The deadline for the call is postponed to August 31st, 23:59.
All applicants are asked to express their interest and to fill the form of participation HERE.
Election committee consisting of experts/practitioners/trainers from WB and Europe will review the applications and all successful applicants will be notified about the results by 18th of September and asked to begin with preparations and reading the proposed literature.