Awarded prizes for development of Macedonian and Serbian social enterprises
On the 17th and 18th of December in Nish-Serbia, the winners of the Social Entrepreneurship Academy, which was implemented within the framework of the cross-border project “Social Enterprises for Economic Development and Social Inclusion”, were announced. The total fund of 15,000 euros for prizes in equipment and services was awarded to 6 Macedonian and Serbian social enterprises that need to develop their small, sustainable businesses/business ideas. Social enterprises that will receive support within the project are:
- CIP-CENTER FOR INTEGRATION AND SUPPORT (SIEC) – will involve Roma youth and women in the production of backpacks made from material surplus from the furniture factory “Birostil” – Skopje. The prize will be used for the purchase of sewing machines with which further training will be provided.
- Countryside Retreat from v. Opila, Rankovce through the award will purchase a quad bike, trailer, and cultivator that will be used to collect grass and produce compost and bio humus obtained from the horse manure of the rescued horses and donkeys on the ranch. In addition, the equipment will help clear the yards and fields of elderly neighbors and offer walks for people with physical disabilities on the ranch.
- Social enterprise Radanska RUŽA LLC Lebane from Serbia will use the award to purchase tables and sinks, equipment that will enable them to employ more women from marginalized communities and advance their work.
- Through the award, Frosina Lazarevska from Staro Nagorichane will purchase a green tractor mower, which is needed to maintain the property on which, together with the team, they grow organic fruits, vegetables, and eggs.
- The association “Srekjotvorci” from Skopje will invest the prize in the production of new magic shows through which children will be educated, as well as new audiences, about socially useful topics such as waste selection and mental health.
- Biljana Kiroska from Skopje will purchase part of the equipment needed for the preparation of edible spreads prepared from fresh and live raw materials (without thermal and chemical processing) with the award. Under the brand “Razmazi.se” an idea for a social enterprise will be developed that will promote a holistic way of living.
The decision on the winners was made by a jury made up of experts from Serbia: Vladimir Todorovikj – consultant for strategic communications and sustainable operations, Branko Krsmanovikj – Young ambassadors and Mirjana Sakikj – independent consultant, as well as from our country: Vasilka Stefanovska – a member of the National Board of Slow Food Macedonia and president of Slow Food Vodno and Olga Rajcic – co-founder of Challenger.
In the next phase of the project, all participants will receive mentoring support, the winners will work on the realization of the plans, while the partner organizations will work on the organization of networking events that will further lobby for the support of the solidarity economy and cross-border cooperation.
The project “Social Enterprises for Economic Development and Social Inclusion” is financed by the European Union through the Department for Negotiation and Financing of Programs from EU funds of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Serbia (IPA 2 program for cross-border cooperation Republic of Serbia-North Macedonia 2016-2020 ), and is implemented in partnership with the associations “ARNO” from North Macedonia, Optimist and Trag Foundation (coordinator) from the Republic of Serbia.